WHANGANUI BAY CLIMBER REGISTRATION TERMS
YOU MUST READ AND ACKNOWLEDGE ACCEPTANCE OF THESE REGISTRATION TERMS (INCLUDING THE WAIVER) BEFORE UNDERTAKING ANY CLIMBING OR RELATED ACTIVITIES AT WHANGANUI BAY
I understand, accept and acknowledge:
- Registration: I must register and pay a donation for each day (or part thereof) that I wish to access Whanganui Bay. I accept that details of my registration will be displayed publicly on the registration website and I will ensure that I have proof of registration with me when accessing Whanganui Bay. I agree to provide that proof on request to any Trustee of the Whanganui Bay Māori Reservation Trust or a representative of NZAC.
- Access to permitted areas only: I am only allowed to access permitted areas at Whanganui Bay for climbing and camping. I have reviewed and familiarised myself with these areas on the access map.
- Code of conduct: When at Whanganui Bay, I must comply with: (a) any rules, code of conduct or visitor policy of the Whanganui Bay Māori Reservation Trust notified on the registration website; and (b) the NZAC Code of Conduct for climbers.
- My safety: I am responsible for my own safety at all times. I have the necessary experience, knowledge, skills and judgment to undertake climbing and climbing related activities.
- Risk management: I am aware that (a) the climbing areas at Whanganui Bay have many natural hazards, such as loose rock; and (b) fixed equipment (such as bolts or abseil anchors) installed at those climbing areas is not guaranteed to hold falling or abseiling climbers. I will take all reasonable steps to assess and manage those risks.
- No refunds: Any donation refunds are entirely discretionary.
- No liability: To the fullest extent permitted by law, I waive all legal rights against, and fully release and agree to hold harmless, Ngāti Te Maunga and all representatives or beneficiaries of the Whanganui Bay Māori Reservation Trust (the Indemnified Parties), for any losses or claims for damages or other compensation however arising out of, or in relation to, my undertaking any climbing or climbing related activities at Whanganui Bay. This waiver and release applies regardless of any negligent or tortuous act or omission, breach of duty, breach of contract, breach of statutory duty or breach of any implied warranties on the part of the Indemnified Parties.
- Legal capacity: I have legal capacity to accept these terms. If, as parent or legal guardian, I take minors under 14 years old with me to Whanganui Bay, I accept that I am responsible for ensuring that those minors comply with these registration terms.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THESE ACCESS TERMS MAY RESULT IN
TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT DENIAL OF ACCESS.